Sunday, February 4, 2018

Happy 95th Birthday!

Facebook is good and bad. If you can overlook the annoying entries on subject matter that is volatile and irritating and search for the personal stories of people you care about, it’s a great way to keep up with the news. And when you see someone after a long time it feels like you never lost contact. But some people just don’t want to be bothered with social media, be exposed, or have negative feelings about anything on the internet. When my dad was at the facility for dementia residents, it was the best way to keep up with his activities and seeing photos of him. So every once in awhile I will post something about a family member that can be shared with a lot of my relatives and friends. And so was the case for my mom’s 95th birthday. I posted a photo from our recent visit in December and wished her a happy birthday. I think just about every one I know made a comment about it. One of my cousins posted a photo of my mom with her as a baby at her christening almost 70 years ago. My plan is to take a screen shot of all the comments and send them to her email so she can read all the sweet comments from people she knows and from people who just wish her well. I haven’t been able to convince her to use Facebook as a way to pass the time - she does use her iPad to read books and emails. Although she hates it when I use Facebook for this reason, I can’t imagine she won’t like the kind words. It’s nice to know someone is thinking of you for just a moment. I really appreciate it!












No comments:

Post a Comment