Sunday, February 11, 2018

Raindrops, But No Roses or Whiskers on Kittens

It’s been a miserable two days with clouds, rain and dampness. When you grow up in a state that has sunshine 340 days a year, this is tough. I got out of taking a daily walk yesterday because it was Saturday and we always go to brunch in McLean followed by grocery shopping. But I wasn’t that lucky this morning. At least it wasn’t freezing and icy, so it was somewhat bearable. And I now have a retired person’s LLBean waterproof wardrobe so I no longer have an excuse. Most of the winter I haven’t been able to take photos of interesting scenes because it’s hard to work with mittens, and my iPhone completely loses power or inevitably freezes rendering the camera useless. So today at least I was able to take pictures in between the downpours. I was trying to focus on the raindrops in the gardens by the Smithsonian castle and botanic gardens. But there were some even more unique perspectives along the way. Unfortunately only a few really came out like I was hoping, but when we saw the first signs of spring it was even more encouraging.  





























No comments:

Post a Comment