Thursday, February 1, 2018

Securifi Almond Software Update

As with most things technical, what you think will only take a couple of minutes ends up being a lot more time consuming. And so was the case with the new Almond Wi-Fi Extender that I just installed. Just installing it took awhile, but not too difficult to figure out. I have a securifi app that I check every once in awhile to see if there are any issues. I really didn’t think about this handy device needing updates until I came across a message saying there was an update. I suppose it was in the back of my mind that if every thing we have needs to be updated, this would need it too. So I thought it would be just a minute - until I checked the tiny touch screen and didn’t readily see anything obvious. So I looked up on line how to update securifi Almond software. That took me to a step by step process which started out by knowing the type/model number of extender I had - or you could ruin it by updating the wrong thing. Eventually I figured it out, but it does get annoying. So I wondered if everything would just re sync without any more issues. The next morning both my husband and I were not able too connect to the internet. So I rebooted the thing and eventually things were back on track. Hopefully the next time it will be easier since I know what to expect. But that usually doesn’t mean a thing. 








No comments:

Post a Comment