Monday, March 26, 2018

Happy Birthday!

It’s a very special day today. It’s my husband’s birthday. He hates having anything to do with birthdays, claiming they are over rated and were not celebrated when he was growing up. But he gets reminded of them by a couple of his closest work colleagues every year. He gets hard copy cards in the mail a few days before the actual day. Neither one of us does anything particularly out of the ordinary on days like these. We did our usual morning walk and I asked him if he would like to go out for lunch somewhere. I drove both to and from our lunch destination - something I wouldn’t usually do. I started wishing him a glorious day last evening and about every hour this morning. It’s a bright and sunny day which is unusual given the snow, ice, and rain of late. We are just so thankful that we are able to still get around and have each other’s company. That’s the best birthday gift I can think of. 







No comments:

Post a Comment