Monday, March 12, 2018

One Daffodil from the Garden

Although it is my husband’s least favorite spring flower, the daffodils are blooming around town. When we first moved to DC twelve years ago, we planted several bulb flowers in our tiny patio garden - a few tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, and other things - I don’t recall the names! Most of them were located in the main section of the garden by the birdbath and one bulb was planted on the other side. This particular one comes up every year, but it never blooms. I was just commenting about that last week. Then my husband pointed out that there was a flower - and a daffodil at that. And it was the first one to bloom this year. We oftentimes bring in flowers from the garden to put in our wall vase. But I currently have an air plant, a succulent, and a cactus occupying that space. But the single flower vase on the table was sitting empty. I thought about taking the daffodil and putting it there, but forgot about it. Before I knew it, someone decided to do just that before telling me. My husband loves single flower arrangements so he cut it down himself. I’m not sure how long it will last, but I know how much he treasures it - even though it’s a daffodil. 













No comments:

Post a Comment