Friday, April 13, 2018

Apple iPhone 8Plus

My husband needed a new phone because his iPhone 5S had a battery that raised the glass face up, the home button stopped working, and it was a fire hazard. After finding a “fix” for the home button and talking about it for months, we finally decided to get him a replacement. His new phone is usually my current phone, and the new purchase becomes my new phone. He basically uses his phone for phone calls and playing solitaire. I use mine as a camera, for my blog and several other social sites for my digital art, and can’t be without it. So we went to the apple store yesterday to get my new 8Plus. I always research these things and didn’t want the new X because I wasn’t crazy about face recognition and didn’t want to relearn a lot of things - now. So the 8Plus has a better camera, is faster, with a better battery life. That’s about all I was interested in. It’s always like going in to a candy shop - I love Apple stuff. Our biggest issue is getting existing photos from his broken up phone to get transferred to my phone. For whatever reason it didn’t work so we will need to follow up. So now he is all set - except we need to go back next week and get a new battery for him. I needed to make sure my new phone is doing everything my old phone did - which is always tedious and time consuming. And I need to learn more about the features the 8Plus has either by reading more now that I have it, or schedule a half hour training session on line. I never did figure out what iCloud really does for us! In any event we have quite the collection of phones - which I keep only because of the photos. We probably should do something about that - one if these days. 














No comments:

Post a Comment