Wednesday, April 25, 2018

LITs Pooches, Kitties and Other Sweet Faces on Merch by Amazon - First Sale!

I have wanted to sell something on Amazon handmade for a long time but they don’t do custom pet portraits. So when I heard about Merch by Amazon, that was the next best thing. So I requested an invitation and was accepted. The hard part was getting all my digital art images changed to png rather than jpeg files so the backgrounds were transparent to meet all the specifications. Since I do everything on my iPad instead of photoshop or other platforms, it was even more difficult to figure out. So after a lot of workarounds, I was happy to finally get my first ten images loaded. Then I followed the steps of the process including selecting T-shirt colors, and creating appropriate verbiage. I named the shop LITs Pooches, Kitties and Other Sweet Faces. Most websites I have products on send an email when something sells. It was by chance that I happened to check my Merch dashboard and saw that the American Eskimo pooch T-shirt was sold! It’s so exciting to know someone liked my image so much to buy a product. I’m hoping they like it enough that they leave some kind words and a nice rating! It’s certainly not the royalty I make off any of these items. I really enjoy just fiddling around on different websites and getting an occasional hit. So thanks so much to the person who noticed my shop - I really appreciate it! Now I can upload a few more pooch, kittie and other sweet face images. 












No comments:

Post a Comment