Thursday, April 26, 2018

SanDisk iExpand Thumb Drive for iPhone and iPad

A couple of weeks ago I got a new iphone 8 Plus and my husband inherited my iPhone 6 Plus. I don’t know what the guy did at the apple store, but he messed up the photo stream on my old phone. So now the photos my husband takes on my old phone don’t auto transfer to my iPad. And iCloud still remains a mystery to me. On top of that we now have three old phones that have accumulated years of photos that I need to save somewhere. A lot of the photos are garbage - I use them to write my daily blog and also store all my digital art. Anything from my blog is already preserved on google anyway! But the family and trip photos are definitely worth saving! So I finally came upon the idea to store them all on a thumb drive and began searching for some options. I came across the SanDisk thumbdrive. It has a flash connection to the iPhone and iPad. So I ordered one with a lot of storage. In the meantime I uploaded all the photos from the three old phones to my laptop. When I got the thumbdrive yesterday from Amazon, I copied all the thousands of photos to the thumbdrive. The whole thing went very quickly! When I connected the thumbdrive to my iPad it took me to the SanDisk app and I was able to see all the thousands of photos and videos with ease. Since our current phones are in good working order I didn’t copy those photos from those devices - yet. I first need to get on my husbands old laptop and see if I need to save any important photos from there to the thumb drive. There are many uses for the thumb drive - it’s a way to save space on your device too. After I get everything copied over I need to really clean up the junk that is there. But for the first time I finally feel like I found a way to preserve our photos. It feels like a weight had been taken off my neck! Now maybe I can eliminate the monthly payment for additional iCloud storage. I don’t seem to be using it. Then I’ll need to tackle all the digital art on my iPad. I have a feeling I’ll need to order another thumb drive. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment