Saturday, May 12, 2018

Redbubble First Sale

Since I started painting again when the iPad came along, I have my digitalart works scatterered on several websites. It started with Etsy, Pixels, Zazzle, Artyah, Houndandco - and most recently Amazon Merch and Redbubble. And then there are all the other social media options - instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, tumblr, and Twitter. I’m thinking about Society 6 and Threadless too. Plus, I have my own website that ties it all together using Wordpress - LITDigitalArt and Such. There is nothing more fun than getting an email from any of these places saying that I made a sale. It’s certainly not the commission because it is peanuts. It’s the idea that someone out there likes an image I created so much to purchase it - usually on a t shirt, or tie. Just a couple of weeks ago I had my first sale on Amazon - and then a second. One was for a bulldog and the other for an American Eskimo pooch T-shirt. I liked the Redbubble website because it is rather quirky and had stickers as an option. Yesterday I received my first notice that I sold something on Redbubble. And, true to form, the message was as quirky as the site. What was interesting is that it was for another American Eskimo pooch, and this time it was for a sticker. When I get requests from Etsy, it usually means I need to go to work and create a custom pet portrait - I just finished up a pit bull from a wife who commissioned it for her husband’s birthday. But for Redbubble and all the others, the work is already done. It takes a lot of time to set up these websites, but as long as I am enjoying it I will continue to do so. It’s really a fun hobby, and the sales come in from all over the world. Thanks for noticing! Contact me at LITDigitalart@gmail.com for custom portraits. 














No comments:

Post a Comment