Sunday, May 20, 2018

Butterball Every Day Ready to Roast Turkey

It’s been sitting in the freezer for a few months. We have talked about cooking it before it is no longer edible. So yesterday we decided to finally cook the three pound Butterball boneless skinless turkey breast. It would take about two hours. So as we were passing the afternoon watching the recorded royal wedding, we stuck it in the preheated 375 degree oven. My husband peeled the potatoes to be mashed later, and we saved the gravy packet to be mixed with the turkey juice. I do like turkey, but my husband doesn’t care for it. I didn’t get any stuffing, so it wasn’t exactly a real “Thanksgiving” type meal. We added some green beans and bread. I just have to say I am a fan of a whole turkey that is browned in the oven compared to just a part of the bird that looks as pale coming out of the oven as it did going in. The gravy ended up being quite watery, and the turkey itself didn’t have the flavor or look of the real thing. Neither my husband nor I slept very well last night - I have a feeling it had something to do with our dinner. So rather than give it another go, my husband gladly disposed of it and the gravy this morning. But the mashed potatoes aren’t going anywhere. We have had better luck with these freezer to oven options in the past. Maybe we should just stick to turkey on Thanksgiving. 














No comments:

Post a Comment