Thursday, May 24, 2018

Gilan Sewing Kit

One of my shirts has needed a button replacement for quite awhile. So today I looked at the shirt to see if there was an extra button located on it somewhere and once and for all do something about it. It’s a shirt I got a while back at one of my favorite Midwest shopping spots that no longer exists called Zita’s. They may still have a wedding boutique, but all the rest is long gone. We don’t have what you would call a huge supply of thread and needles - just a few colors and a pack of needles. So when I looked through the bag I came across a tiny sewing package you sometimes get in a hotel. But this one was unique because it came from Rasht, Iran from the Gilan Hotel. We stayed there nine years ago when we went to visit Iran with some of our American friends. My husband is from there, and from that city. We had a small group of six and traveled all over the country, including Rasht. So now my Polish shirt has a button sewn on with thread from Iran. It’s an interesting combination since I am Polish and my husband is Iranian. 












No comments:

Post a Comment