Saturday, July 28, 2018

Dynapro Direct and Fit Simplify Resistance Bands

We bought a stretch band for upper body exercise many years ago. We haven’t used it for awhile. When I pulled it out of the drawer the other day it snapped apart when I stretched it one time. Luckily it didn’t snap in my face! But I was reminded that the handles alone on this equipment was quite heavy. So, because I am constantly aware of having to do exercise these days due to age, blood pressure, and overall well being, I looked for a replacement because I don’t really do any meaningful upper body exercise. Currently we walk every morning about 2.4 miles; I spend thirty minutes on an exercise bike; spend 10 minutes doing 140 modified sit ups and upper body stretches; and another ten minutes doing more arm exercise and bends. It’s enough to make you “sick” and I treat it like having to take a prescription medicine and do it all in short intervals throughout the day. So I found a Dynapro Direct light resistance band for stretching/pulling while standing and a set of Fit Simplicity super stretch premium resistance bands in five strengths - so my husband and I can sit on the couch and stretch while watching tv. They look like huge rubber bands. So I’m starting off with just a few pulls at a time to avoid any unnecessary strains and bruising. The new one is so much lighter and easier to use than the old one. Since my right knee has been acting up I am even more careful not to overdue it. In the long run I’m hoping all of this makes a difference. If you checked my waist line you would never know it. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment