Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Olivier Salad - Found!

Last Friday we went to Alborz restaurant in Tyson’s for lunch. I wanted to get the Olivier salad. It’s basically a potato salad with eggs, chicken, peas, etc.  My husband doesn’t care for anything “mixed up” unless he does the mixing up himself. So we asked for an order of Olivier salad  “to go” instead.  Invariably we end up taking home most of the lunch because we just don’t eat that much. So we also asked for his preferred kabob “to go” as well since he would only take a bite or two and then we would just split my order - which ended up being too much as well. So the waiter brought out all the “to go’s,” and what was left of my order. We didn’t check the bags to see if everything was there. When we got home, my husband said they forgot the Olivier salad as he unpacked the bags. I was a little perturbed because I was really looking forward to having it for dinner! I also remembered hearing something perhaps fall out of the bag when we were driving home - as everything was on the floor in the back seat. So my husband checked the car to see if the salad may have been displaced and somehow was left in the car. He returned empty handed. I was bemoaning not having that salad all weekend. Yesterday we went for a ride with three people and I ended up in the back seat. And wouldn’t you know - what was in plain view? The Olivier salad was sitting on the floor under the front passenger seat. So, after cursing the restaurant for getting our order wrong, it was rather embarrassing. Unfortunately by that time it was inedible. Next time I’ll order the salad for lunch and take the rest home. At least I’ll have a chance to have tasted it in the event it gets lost again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment