Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Cole Haan, LLBean, Tieks, and Merrell Shoes

It all started when I realized my Cole Haan rain shoes sprung a leak. So I superglued the right front to the sole to mitigate any further damage. But the time has come to find a replacement. I loved those shoes! But it seems no one makes rain shoes anymore - in my size 11. But I did found a similar looking pair on LLBean, but when they arrived they were much too narrow and tight. So I had to return them. I was also in the market for a ballet flat and had been reading a lot about Tieks. When those arrived, the right shoe was about one half size smaller than the left. So those were also returned. I began to wonder if my feet were actually the size I thought so I printed out a foot measurement scale. Nothing on my end had changed. Cole Haan was always my go to place. So I found a pair of zero grand flats. They feel okay, but the backs need to be stretched a bit and I’m not happy about the stark black, but that was my fault trying to replace my beat up wonderful black flats that are also falling apart. So I tried one more shoe from Merrell. I’ve had walking shoes from Merrell that lasted a very long time so decided to give these a try. They were actually comfortable without having to stretch or break them in. I think the lesson I’ve learned is I really need to try shoes on first. I rarely if ever return things, so I was getting a little frustrated even though everyone makes that process easy to do. Since I retired two years ago my wardrobe really changed and my shoe supply has really dwindled. I haven’t replaced anything for quite some time. I’m just getting too lazy to go to the store. Maybe DSW is the best place after all - I’m not really that picky anyway. After all that, I still haven’t found a rain shoe. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment