Sunday, August 19, 2018

Tieks - I Wanted to Love Them But Couldn’t

I read with interest all the reviews about Tieks ballet flats. They were well shown on Pinterest, come in a variety of colors, are made of fine leather, and I was in the market for a ballet flat. I usually prefer Cole Haan, but also like DSW. That way I can try on a pair before purchase. So, after scrutinizing all the on line comments, I went ahead and purchased the very expensive taupe flats. They arrived in the interestingly bow wrapped package - smaller than my feet - which is very unusual since I wear a size 11. But they are foldable, take up little space, and come with a tiny bag to store them in for travel and a larger tote to put your work shoes in if you’re wearing your Tieks to get to a destination. It’s all a very personal presentation with an enclosed hand written card wishing you well with your new shoes. So I tried them on with a great deal of enthusiasm, but made sure I kept all the contents  -  I just had a feeling. So after walking around the house a few days the shoes still seemed snug. (If you wear them outside they can’t be returned). It just shouldn’t take that long to break in any shoes these days! But when I looked closer, the right shoe was about a half size smaller than the left! That did it for me. Since Tieks can only be bought on line, you can get another pair to compare sizes and return the shoes that don’t fit. But I just didn’t have the happy feeling about them anymore.  I requested to return the shoes and received a reply for free postage back the same day. I sadly rewrapped everything and felt a little annoyed about it all - more at myself. I’m wondering if I was hoodwinked in to thinking these were the best shoes on earth based on marketing alone. It’s obvious they are loved by a lot of buyers - I’m just not one of them. I started to wonder if my shoe size changed so I printed out a shoe measuring chart. If anything, my left foot is about a half size smaller than the right, but I’m still a size 11. Too bad the left shoe wasn’t the smaller one that was sent. Maybe then I wouldn’t have even noticed. My husband was very happy to see them go back - he didn’t care for them at all. Now I’m just waiting for my $175 refund, and I’m not in any hurry to order shoes on line again. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment