Sunday, October 28, 2018

Driver License Renewal Notice - Real ID Credential

Last week I received a notice that my drivers license will expire soon. When we first moved here from the Midwest twelve years ago I remember it was a royal pain to get a DC license. But everything here is a royal pain. We had to go to Georgetown, find parking, and sit there for quite some time. I do vaguely remember getting to renew it on line the last time. My husband, on the other hand, needs to get medical authorization for vision and health before he can renew his. But he’s been able to do it all by mail. So I tried to renew this time on line. That requires taking a five question motor safety quiz. I got that far when it said I couldn’t renew on line because I don’t have a “real ID” and I already used up my one opportunity. So we will need to make a trip to a motor vehicle service station. The closest one is in southwest. But you also need to bring something with your birthdate on it - like an unexpired passport - a social security card, and two items that prove you live in DC. Since everything is digital these days, I had to make a copy of a bank statement and a property tax bill with my name on it. I understand the need for all the documentation but it’s really aggravating nonetheless. I wanted to go this week to get it over with but came down with this ugly sore throat and flu like condition that is lasting much too long. It’s taken all the life out of me and I don’t feel like doing a thing. Getting a drivers license just isn’t on the top of the list - even if I was feeling good. 














No comments:

Post a Comment