Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Library of Congress Employee Art Show

I worked at the Library of Congress for ten years. And for the last few I participated in the art show. I’ve been painting a variety of scenes of DC, our travels, and pet portraits on my iPad rather than hard copy watercolor, pen & ink, and pastels. Since I retired two years ago I can still contribute to the show. It gives me an opportunity to stay connected to the Library, and to see some of my past colleagues. This year I submitted two of my favorite dog portraits. One was the goofy dog and the other was a bulldog with a flower. The goofy dog is oftentimes saved on Pinterest. He is just the cutest pooch I’ve painted! The art show opened this month and I finally had a chance to view the collection. A friend of mine had a retirement party at the Library last week. After wishing him well, my husband and I took a trip to the sixth floor of the Madison Building and checked it out. I was very pleased with the placement of my artwork, but the title said they were digital prints instead of digital paintings. Not everyone realizes what I create is hand painted - and not a computer generated image. I suppose in the end I hope my paintings make someone smile, or make them stop and take a look. After all, it’s all in the eye of the beholder. It’s such a great venue to showcase your work. Not every one can say they have art hanging in the Library of Congress. If you are ever in the DC area, stop by. The display lasts through March 9, 2019. 












No comments:

Post a Comment