Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Christmas Gift Wrap & Cards

I used to be the best gift wrapper around. I loved to wrap packages and would spend a lot of time getting them just right. And I would get my Christmas cards all sent out by this time every year. Things have changed! I no longer send out hard copy Christmas cards, and we rarely buy packages to wrap. The grandkids get college fund contributions for all celebrations during the year. I’ve been using my old stockpile of Christmas cards for putting money to give to some of our favorite people - like the gardener, handyman, hairdresser/hair washer and help staff at restaurants we frequent who already know what we want before we order. But I ran out of those. So this year we decided to get a couple of gifts and we picked up some Christmas cards and wrapping paper at the grocery store. It felt like riding a bike as I whipped up the presents - except this time I didn’t get any ribbon. We don’t want to overwhelm too much! My husband really isn’t in to any of this, but he did say whatever we got was very thoughtful. I’m looking forward to being Santa Claus this year. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment