Monday, January 21, 2019

Amazon Merch and Zazzle First Sales of 2019

I’ve been painting portraits on my iPad for about six years. I had several custom pet portrait commissions for Christmas - it’s always the busiest time of year. Many of the commissions are memorial portraits. Using the completed portrait files, I upload the images to my other shops - Amazon Merch, Zazzle, Fine Art America/Pixels, and Redbubble. They are transformed in to all kinds of products - from stickers to coffee mugs to you name it. It takes a lot longer to actually paint the portraits, and work with the customer until it’s just right. It’s so much easier to get a notice that something just sold. Obviously the per cent profit is tiny compared to custom painting, but the sheer excitement I experience is hard to describe. To think someone from anywhere around the world noticed something I painted out of the millions of items out there is astounding. The first sale of the new year came on Zazzle a few days ago. Someone in Australia bought a tile with a sweet face pup on it. Shortly after that someone bought a Bichon Frise t shirt from my Amazon Merch Shop. Now is the time to refresh all of the websites with the new portraits I just completed and tweak and make adjustments. It is all very time consuming but it is a very happy hobby. And I can do it all from my couch. 












No comments:

Post a Comment