Saturday, January 12, 2019

Harris Teeter Flowers and Garden Greens for Wall Vase

As is our usual routine we went for a very crowded breakfast at McLean Family Restaursnt followed by grocery shopping. With the threat of a snow storm this afternoon, we also stopped for gas and headed to Harris Teeter. It was much busier than usual - not surprising when the forecast scares the crap out of everyone. The flowers in our wall vase were fading so we decided it was time to refresh them. We even assisted a guy there who asked if we could help him select a bouquet to have in his house to make it pretty during the storm. I then picked up two small bunches of carnations and tulips. Because I like greens in the mix I clipped a few leaves and such from our tiny patio garden when we got home. They help to fill in the dead spaces and keep the flowers in place. Unfortunately I didn’t have any sticks or branches to use - they always add a bit of character and charm. After cutting back both the very long carnation stems and the extra tulip leaves I recycled both of them. That added even more volume and texture to the mix. I really like my wall vase because it’s an easy way to display flowers or seasonal greens and decor without cluttering up table space. And they last several days. And it will be nice to have flowers the house during a snow storm. 














No comments:

Post a Comment