Saturday, January 19, 2019

The Butterfly’s Dream

I love Big Fish games. Every night my husband and I spend about an hour playing these adventure hidden object games on my iPad. It’s a great way to spend even more time together. He doesn’t like it as much as I do but he’s a good sport. I am much better at solving visual games; he is better at math and analytical games. But something has happened to Big Fish. They haven’t been producing new games recently. So I have been forced to look for different options and haven’t been very impressed with them. Then I came across “The Butterfly’s Dream” - for free - and we attempted to play it. We actually got pretty far in to chapter one but got stuck at the mountain where you had to yell at it. Frustrated, I found the walkthrough guide and finally got out of there. It was such a pleasing game - and much different than what we were used to - that I didn’t want to get thrwarted and be forced to stop. The next evening we got to an even more difficult section and found a You Tube instruction video. This is when my husband said it just wasn’t worth playing if it took that much work! I haven’t deleted the game from my iPad - yet. Maybe this is one of the few I will play on my own. The artwork in the story is beautiful and for that alone I may just keep going. Playing these games really illustrates the difference between my husband and me. I will keep working at something until I get it done; he’ll stop if it takes more than a couple of tries. We tend to complement each other in so many ways. Playing games like these really makes it obvious. (Screenshots are from the app)
















No comments:

Post a Comment