Monday, January 28, 2019

Zazzle Holiday Card

I just sold two holiday greeting cards on Zazzle to someone in California. The image is of a pooch portrait I painted on my iPad a couple of years ago. I’ve been painting custom pet portraits for the last six years and get commissions from all over the world. I first started with an Etsy shop. Then I opened a shop on Fine Art America/Pixels. It not only has my custom portraits, but many photographs from DC and our travels to Iran, France, Denmark and England. We are lucky to have friends and family living in all those countries so visiting them is a special treat. Then I opened my Zazzle shop. Last year Redbubble and Amazon Merch were added. Then of course I use Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook Business Page, LinkedIn, my blog and my personal website (Lois Tavaf.com) to promote my work. It takes a lot of time, but luckily I’m retired and do what I like when I feel like it. All of my work is virtual so I don’t have to deal with shipping and mailing anything. What’s fun about having my products in all these virtual stores is that someone notices an image I created out of the millions out there, likes it enough to purchase it, and then keeps it for themselves or present it as a gift. My royalty is peanuts but it’s such a wonderful feeling to get an email telling me I’ve made a sale. That feeling has no price tag. 












No comments:

Post a Comment