Friday, April 19, 2019

Another Trip to the Virginia DMV

First we went there to find out what exactly we needed to bring. Then we went back earlier this week to finally get our Virginia drivers license and license plates. When you move to another state there are certain things you just have to do. And it doesn’t matter if you just renewed you last license two months ago. So I was able to get my license, along with car registration and license plates, after three hours. But my husband didn’t have enough proof of Virginia residency, and would have to return. So we did go back yesterday afternoon with more than enough documentation. It doesn’t seem to matter when you go to that place it is always extremely busy. It was bad enough to have to be there again and fill out the papers and wait - again. But when my husband’s number was finally called he went to the desk he and the attendant didn’t hit it off well at all, which is very unusual. And it was a terrible experience from that point on. The eye exam was an unpleasant exchange. I have already been warned that the photo ID is going to look a bit rough. I was glad when the ordeal finally ended. Let’s hope we both end up with our licenses in the mail within the next ten days. I can’t believe I’m even thinking this - but this experience makes DC seem heavenly! 










No comments:

Post a Comment