Wednesday, May 27, 2020

A Virginia Hospital Center Radiology Visit

Last week we had a telemedicine conference chat with my husband’s physician. It resulted in having to schedule a radiology appointment at Virginia Hospital Center. It’s bad enough having to go to a hospital without the virus around us, but even worse when it is. So the last week has been rather anxious for both of us. Since we moved from Capitol Hill last year, we now have all new doctors that are within a block or two of our house. But that also means going to new hospitals and clinics that we are not familiar with. This morning we took a 15 minute ride to the hospital. My husband was armed with his face mask, gloves, and hand sanitizer. This was the first time I was not able to accompany him on a visit. We always do things together, and I didn’t like the idea of just dropping him off at the front door in an unfamiliar place. After that, I drove around the suburban Arlington neighborhood and found a two hour parking spot across the street from the main entrance. Luckily it didn’t take very long, and my husband called me about an hour later to pick him up. He was pleased with the whole process and staff from start to finish and even more pleased that things looked good. Since he was in the “cootie” environment, I wasn’t able to hug him when I heard the news. This damn virus is upsetting in more ways than one. I’m looking forward to telling everyone things turned out okay - but my husband is waiting for the official report and not sure if anything else will be recommended. He’s taking a nap now since our schedule was weird today and anxiety has subsided. I am forever grateful for the good news having just lost my mom three months ago. Just another reminder how another day is never guaranteed. When we both worked in health care all those years we saw that all the time. But when it’s personal, it takes on a whole new meaning. 

Behind the trees is the Virginia Hospital Center 






No comments:

Post a Comment