Sunday, May 3, 2020

Bromeliad Views - a Lovely Reminder

It’s been almost three months since my mom passed away. Some days it feels like yesterday; but then it feels like months ago on other days. Because I kept in constant touch with her, the “routine” is hard to break. Every Sunday at 4:30 we would chat. The last year was very difficult as she slowly began to deteriorate. In between were emails that began to taper off. One of my friends traveled with us on messenger while we were off making final goodbyes, lending support and checking in. When we returned from it all late in February, an unexpected gift arrived. It was a bromeliad plant. It was from our friends who wanted it to be a reminder of my mom. They have one in their home that represents their mom’s loss. So I’ve been trying to get the plant accustomed to it’s new environment and hope it lasts for a very long time. It’s in the corner of the dining room and gets a bit of afternoon sun. The other day it looked so pretty in the late day light. So whenever I look at it I think of her, and the friends who were so thoughtful to think of us. The last few months have been more than weird. it almost feels surreal. 












No comments:

Post a Comment