Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Cayman Jack Margarita

I like Mexican food more than my husband. He will eat fajitas and tortilla soup, but doesn’t like anything all mixed up - unless he makes it himself. Since we moved from Capitol Hill, we no longer get to walk to Tortilla Coast for a Mexican feast. We have driven in to town, but it seems the chef changed because it wasn’t as good. But lately we haven’t gone to any restaurants. The one thing missing from the Mexican feast my husband made last week was a margarita - actually two things - chips! Anyway, that lead me on a search for a margarita drink - not mix- that might do the trick. So I searched on the Total Wine app to see what might be available. They had Cayman Jack Margarita in small bottles. The reviews were very positive almost everywhere I looked. So I ordered a few bottles of wine and the Cayman Jack for delivery. I had to actually show my ID in the lobby of our building which was quite annoying. Luckily we had a bottle opener on the wine opener corkscrew. Anyway, we just poured a bottle over ice and tried it out. We could actually use the blender to make a smoothie, but didn’t want the fuss. So now we have five more bottles to share the next time we have Mexican food. We might try ordering from El Tio in the neighborhood one of these days. Cayman Jack would make for a perfect combination. It’s not something we would want all the time. But it was something different to try. We don’t get to do that much these days. 














No comments:

Post a Comment