Saturday, May 30, 2020

Facebook Business Page Workaround

It’s been about two weeks since my Facebook business page stopped working. I set it up many, many years ago for my digital art work. It’s had glitches before, and they were usually addressed. I primarily use it to showcase my custom pet portraits, but also add daily “in the neighborhood” photos of things I come across. Every day I’ve been sending a note about the problem and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both my iPad and iPhone. Then it dawned on me today that I should look at it “the old way” on the internet. I rarely use my laptop and didn’t want to bother with it. So I tried my iPhone first and found the page on safari, but it’s hard to navigate on the phone and many features can’t be used. So I found the page on my iPad and also an astonishing number of items that simply aren’t visible on the app. So I finally added an entry after two weeks and got some immediate responses. I also updated a few items that aren’t even available on the app. So I learned something again. Facebook isn’t interested in responding to problems with the app and I can do a workaround using the web. I’m sure if I tried it on my laptop there would be even more things to update. I’m just too lazy to do that. 












No comments:

Post a Comment