Monday, May 11, 2020

LG Washer Problem

Of course it’s only been a year - and the washing machine knew it. Luckily we did get an extended warranty coverage because we also had problems with all the Thermador kitchen appliances. Hopefully we won’t have to use the warranty yet, but today will tell. Last week when we did a wash, the drain pan under the stacked washer/dryer was filled with water. After the last load of wash I had cleaned out the filter that sits at the bottom of the washing machine. I’ve done it before, and didn’t think much of it. So we had to sap up all the water from the liner and dry out all the rags. The only possible problems could be that the filter wasn’t put back in correctly, or there was a blocked pipe according to the manual. So we put in another wash today - dreading the outcome. And of course, within two minutes the pan was filled with water again. I went for my phone and the LG diagnostics app, but didn’t get to use it. My husband said the filter was loose and he tightened it up. Then we sat and watched the washing machine for half an hour while cleaning up the mess - again. Since we had another wash to do, we tried it again - with a tight filter in place and rags ready. So far it is going as it should, but we are checking it every five minutes. The problem with living in a condo is that we are bound by rules during this virus crisis - so having anyone come in to the building is not allowed at this time. I suppose if the washing machine kept acting up and we needed service it would have to be done. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that the next wash goes without a disaster. All I can say is thank goodness for the drip pan. After having lived on Capitol Hill and all the problems in that 1890’s building for thirteen years, I was hoping to get a reprieve from building and appliance problems. In the scheme of things it could be a lot worse. And I’m not touching that filter again unless I have to and I pray the neighbors above us are as attentive as we are. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment