Friday, May 8, 2020

Mom’s IPad Saga Finally Ends

It’s over. The iPad dilemma has ended. Since February I have been fiddling around with my mom’s iPad. She passed away in February and it’s the last version I got for her. But when I tried to update the operating system, it crashed. No matter what I did, it wouldn’t work. Last Friday I put in a repair request, and a box with instructions arrived on Monday. After the decontamination process, we opened the box on Tuesday and followed the instructions, put the iPad in, and walked it down to FedEx. On Wednesday I got a notice that the iPad would be replaced, and it was scheduled to be delivered yesterday - Thursday - which it was. Obviously they weren’t able to fix it either. After the box went through another decontamination process in our foyer, we opened it this morning. And it is a new iPad, but doesn’t have a charging cord. All along the way during this process we received notifications of what to expect. They sent emails, texts, and tracking links. I’m a little sad because I wanted to keep my mom’s iPad for sentimental reasons. I still have the cover and the stylus she used so not all is lost, and I can check her emails by signing in on line. But some photos and other items were lost. At least now my husband has a new device to replace his broken mini and I don’t have to get annoyed anymore with a broken device - except the same thing happened to my iPad when I tried to update it. I was originally charged $250 for this repair - which was less than the cost of a new mini - and the pending Apple charges were dropped. I don’t remember if I bought the warranty on mom’s device. Regardless, it was a free exchange. Now I’m wondering if I should send my old one in to? It’s got a lot of my art work on it, but I’m currently using my iPad Pro. I’ll sit on that idea for awhile. Anyway, last Friday I ordered the service and the transaction occurred within the week. Who could ask for anything more?










No comments:

Post a Comment