Thursday, July 2, 2020

DC DMV and License Plate Cancellation

We kept getting vehicle registration notices. It took a while for us to realize that it wasn’t Virginia, but DC. When we moved to northern Virginia last year, one of the first things we did was get the car registered in Virginia and get new license plates, along with Virginia driving licenses. Then we cut up the DC license plates and threw them away. So when we kept getting reminders to register the car, I finally called DC DMV to let them know we moved to another state. I couldn’t find anywhere on the website to just cancel on line. Calling got us no where. I finally found a contact email address and asked how to cancel our license plates. They sent back a link. I tried the link and it said “your session expired or you don’t have authorization to access this page.” I wrote back. I was sent another link. I tried the link - probably five times of “no matching records” before it finally accepted the information. At last we got the email verifying  that the tags were finally cancelled. I am constantly stunned that it takes so much effort to get even the simplest tasks competed. It never happens in one attempt. I wasn’t surprised when it happened again at the DMV. Unfortunately, it happens everywhere lately.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment