Saturday, July 25, 2020

Denali Face Mask from Janesville Wisconsin

It seems I spend the most time reading about face masks and ordering groceries from Giant. The more I read the more confusing it gets, although I think I just make it more difficult than it is. Being in the high risk group we need to take more precautions. That means whenever we leave the house, or are in the common building areas, we need to wear face masks. And that means even if we are doing a morning walk, we will have them on since not a lot of people do not follow suit. I ordered Denali face masks early on - they are cloth, were tested in hospital settings, and come from Janesville, Wisconsin. They had typical hospital straps that tied and seemed to work well. They were light enough, have three layers, and wash well. Since then, they also make two other options - earloop and elastic straps. Since earloops are easier to take on and off, I ordered a pack of five more. I can’t wear them because they are too big for my face and can’t be adjusted. I tried tying the elastic but it was no use. They fit my husband much better. Yesterday it fit like a glove. Today, he was fidgeting with it the whole time he wore it - pretty much defeating the purpose. The nose piece just wasn’t staying put. I’ve read that the three ply surgical masks are the best - but they are disposable and don’t seal well around the face; some of the KN95 are “counterfeit” and it’s hard to tell; some of the cloth masks with filter pocket are good options - we have Vida and Caraa items, but my husband doesn’t like the gap. I suppose in the end something is better than nothing. My goal was to wash them all in the washing machine every two weeks in bulk rather than more frequently. Maybe I shouldn’t think about it so much. It gives me a headache. 














No comments:

Post a Comment