Saturday, July 4, 2020

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

We heard the story many times. It was hot as hell on July 4, 1949. There was no air conditioning but there was a big block of ice. It was the only day the grocery store family business would be closed. And that was the day my mom married my dad seventy one years ago. Mom passed away in February so this is the first time the holiday passes without both of them. So I ordered anniversary flowers to be delivered to Florida National Cemetery where they are side by side - WWII veterans. I requested a photo because we have not seen mom’s grave stone. Because of construction in the area, the florist was not able to leave the flowers at the site nor take a photo; rather, she left the flowers with the workers to place after they were done for the day. I told her that we were looking forward to seeing the flowers and the head stones. So she said she would try to get out there again to take a photo - hoping the deer didn’t feast on the fresh greens overnight. Today I received a photo of the flowers with my mom’s memorial. Unfortunately we didn’t get to see both my parents together with the flowers in between. I also spoke to the cemetery front desk staff. He said he could also take a photo of the site and send it to me - but I didn’t get it - yet. Since we aren’t planning any trips to Florida in the near future a photo is the best we can do for now. I was really happy to see the flowers and my mom’s final resting place. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment