Sunday, September 13, 2020

Big Saturday Night

Flipping through the tv channels last evening in between shows we were enthralled by an unexpected surprise. It stopped us dead in our tracks when we heard the sounds. It was music from country western songs. We aren’t the biggest country western fans, but John Schneider from Dukes of Hazard was promoting the music. While they were showcasing all the artists, a few stood out for a variety of reasons. My husband asked me about Mac Davis - who he recognized but couldn’t remember his name. I used to watch the Mac Davis show way back when. In fact, my parents - particularly my dad - loved music. We had singles, 78’s and 33’s of broadway shows like South Pacific, Annie Get Your Gun, and movie soundtracks from Hatari to Sound of Music, to Polish Polka music. We watched every music show from Mitch Miller to Lawrence Welk to Dean Martin.... so the sounds emanating from tv brought back memories. Dolly Parton was a favorite. We listened to the infomercial in its entirety. After playing iPad games for a while we turned the tv back on to the same channel. This time The Teen Years music was being promoted by Neil Sadaka creating more memories of Rick Nelson and so many more. Music has always been soothing and a comfort to me and as we get older every song brings back so many memories. It was a weird way to spend a part of our Saturday night. I’m not sure who would actually buy all of those CD’s, but I can understand why someone might. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment