Monday, October 19, 2020

The Lily Evolution

It’s nice to have fresh flowers in the house. We have a wall vase and a plant console table that are the perfect places to add a spot of color among the greenery. We used to get flowers at the grocery store, but that ended when we stopped going to the grocery store. Lately, however, one can order flowers on most of the apps now as things adjust to the new normal. I may not always get what I would have selected otherwise, but anything looks good - and I am pleasantly surprised if it ends up looking even better than I imagined. Because there are bamboo stalks in the vase, the flowers are surrounded already. The last small bunch we bought were from Harris Teeter - two stems of lilies that were not yet open. They also had a very strong fragrance that was almost too much - especially since I have a super sensitive sense of smell! Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to track the progress of the flowers as they bloomed over time. It turns out that one followed the other in a very timely fashion and they lasted two weeks. We have one bloom left - long enough for the next order at the end of the week. When I’m in the store I would always look for seasonal options - like tiny gourds and pumpkins, but it’s not as easy on line. Some of the apps allow special requests. I’ll need to think about that next time. 














No comments:

Post a Comment