Sunday, January 24, 2021

Fairfax County Covid Vaccine

My husband was notified two weeks ago from Virginia Hospital Center that he could sign up, make an appointment, and get his covid vaccine. He did, and goes back in February for his second dose. Since I’m under 75 I couldn’t make an appointment and have it done at the same time. Now, since the criteria includes 65 and older, my only option was to sign up on the Fairfax county Heath website. I did that on Monday, after several attempts. So many people were trying to schedule the system crashed. Once I filled in the questionnaire and personal information, I was sent an email notice, a text, and a phone call telling me that I would be notified to make an actual appointment “whenever the supply of vaccines is adequate” which will probably be months out. This is the only time I wished I lived in Florida. A lot of my high school friends already got their shots. Our Milwaukee friends can’t get it either - not even the ones over 75 years old. All of this is tolerable if we were not lead to believe it would be available now. I’ve been getting notices from CVS and Safeway too, but no one has the supply to deliver. My husband says it will happen very quickly. I’m not that optimistic. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment