Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bicycles Everywhere

We learned before we came here that bicycles were used by almost
everyone. But this is unbelievable! The bikes come in all shapes and
sizes, used to cart one to three children or animals, for pleasure and
business. They take a priority over cars, have their own special
driving lanes, stop and go lights and signs, ride along on the metro,
and are placed literally everywhere. I don't see a lot of safety gear.
I still think I'm going to get hit by one sometime before we leave.
They are an overwhelming presence and a way of life all year round.
Having a car is quite expensive and this is a cheaper alternative. You
could not get me on one now, and it would be hard to get me on one
then. This definitely is something one would have to grow up doing. I
had a ten speed in college, but that was a very long time ago. This
may be the biggest reason folks around here stay so slim and trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment