Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Four Promises Storychimes

It's been exactly one year since StoryChimes published my first children's book app called The Four Promises. The story is about deployment and the conversation a parent has with a child. It was and still is exciting to see it listed in the Apple Store, and a lot of other places around the world. Unfortunately it is a story that still needs to be told whenever a separation is imminent. The idea of having not just one book, but two published, was not on my radar screen a few years ago. Both this story and A Tiny Fish Tale are based on real life experiences. And I'm not sure if I still lived in Wisconsin they would have been written. It all started with the IPad. I started to draw again, and the stories sprouted up out of the art. Though my art was not used for these stories, I've now got an Etsy shop that highlights custom per portraits, displayed digital renderings at the Library of Congress and the Clara Barton National Historic Site, and have a personal website. It is really gratifying to be able to create things, and I really appreciate all the positive feedback. Maybe as one gets older there are just more important things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment