Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dr. Jill Biden Reads "Don't Forget, God Bless Our Troops"

I noticed the sign yesterday that Jill Biden would be at the Library today to read her book about her son's deployment to Iraq through the eyes of her granddaughter. So I walked over just to see her and the goings on. In front of me at the entrance to the Coolidge Auditorium in the Jefferson Building was the Librarian, Dr. Billington and his wife. The program was delayed because there were children coming in from all parts of military establishments in town. The largest contingency was from Fort Belvoir. There were a few Library employees some visitors who happened to be here at the right time. Our family has seen three deployments in the last ten years. It's nice someone is thinking about the huge impact it has on them. But I have to say I like my little digital book better! "The Four Promises" was published by StoryChimes and is available in the Apple Apps store. The story is based on our personal experience through the eyes of our grandson. So I have something in common with Jill Biden. Maybe I should send her a note?

No comments:

Post a Comment