Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Tornado Lunch

It looked like it was about to storm when I walked home for lunch. As soon as I entered through the door my phone sounded a tornado alarm. The TV was also reporting an imminent tornado threat. Obviously it was not a typical restful afternoon break. I was pulling down shades to keep the glass from penetrating the room and planning a stay in the first floor windowless bathroom. It soon ended thank goodness. We used to get tornado warnings in Milwaukee and oftentimes heard the sirens ringing out. It hardly matters where you live... I was just glad to be home rather than at work. And it gave me time to swap out my rain shoes for my rain boots and hefty sized umbrella. It was still pouring when I left.  When I returned to my desk, the all clear notice was sent. There's always the threat of flooding around here, even if you live on a hill. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment