Sunday, January 31, 2016

Retirement Countdown Calendar - No More Sunday Blues!

I still don't believe it. After thirty years in health care mostly in the Midwest and another ten years of federal service at the Library of Congress, I am retiring this week. I've been fortunate enough to be working part time, three days a week, for the last two years. This has allowed me to slowly work my way in to this new way of life. I also unexpectedly started up my digital art business creating pet portraits on my iPad. So I'll have even more time to spend on that. But whenever Sunday evening came, I still got the blues! Who wouldn't? A lot of people I know had countdown calendars near their desk, or special apps on their phones to remind them how many more grueling days and hours were left until freedom. I worked one up when I thought August of this year was the final date for me. But when I found out that this past December was indeed my eligible date, I didn't hesitate to turn in my resignation notice soon after. So August became February and this will be it. I will always remember the date because I filled in my required papers during the blizzard of 2016, and the actual day is my mom's birthday. After forty one plus years working full time, and several part time jobs before that in high school and college, I'm happy to pack it in. So this week I'll clean out my desk for the last time, and plan on a new adventure. I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment