Thursday, April 13, 2017

Boyd Hill Nature Preserve and Lake Maggiore

I haven't been there since I was a wee one, but Lake Maggiore was a familiar name to me. This afternoon my husband and I decided to check our Boyd Hill Nature Preserve and were pleasantly surprised by our side trip. We ended up going on a small group tour of the Preserve, accompanied by a volunteer guide who shared everything he knew about the area. It included a five mile ride with stops along the way to see gators, birds, nests, trees, fish, turtles, butterflies and algae. George, however, did not show his face - he's a huge gator who wanders out once in awhile. There was also an aviary with an injured eagle, some owls, and turkey Buzzards. Inside were a couple of snakes and the typical teaching center for kids. It was the perfect day with the perfect weather for such an adventure. Did I remember anything about it? No. The many acres of the Preserve are located in the middle of the city, surrounded by residential homes. Would I want to live near it? No. But it was a fun visit.

















No comments:

Post a Comment