Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Icy Cools Ice Bandana

My blood pressure medicine clearly states to stay out of direct sunlight. For someone who grew up in Florida and always liked the heat to the cold, that is a tall order. But I am now even more sensitive to the heat, and even force myself to get up earlier in the summer months to walk before it gets too hot outside. Luckily we have air conditioned Union Station to walk in, but you still need to get to it and back. So I thought I would try an ice collar to see if it would make any difference. The icy cools ice bandana arrived yesterday. It is made from insulating neoprene and terry cloth with an ice snake insert. You stick it in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours, then tie it around your neck like a scarf. It is a dry cold, but is rather bulky. I used it this morning and it worked so so. I kept noticing the bulk but also the cool. My husband would never have anything to do with something like this. I don't know how he does it but he just doesn't seem to notice inconveniences like I do. I got another scarf that I will try tomorrow. I keep teasing my husband that if he's nice I'll let him borrow one of them. I don't think that will ever happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment