Thursday, September 21, 2017

LIbrary of Congress Mona Khademi Lecture on Laura Clifford Dreyfus-Barney

I worked at the Library of Congress for ten years. My husband would oftentimes meet me for a lecture at the beautiful Jefferson Building, followed by lunch in the cafeteria. Since I retired almost two years ago, we continue to attend the presentations. Most of them are in the Middle Eastern Section, as we both enjoy the Persian book lecture series. Yesterday we walked over to the Library to see Mona Khademi to hear about Laura Clifford Dreyfus-Barney. The speaker was very articulate and well spoken and made the subject matter interesting about a very specific topic. Her use of visual aids helped to make it even more enjoyable. It was probably one of the best presentations we have heard. Before it started, we spent a little time in the Great Hall, which has a stunning view of the Capitol Building. But the architecture and detail in this magnificent building never gets boring. I used to walk through here on breaks in the afternoon and watch the visitors and tour groups scurrying along. It's hard to believe I actually worked there, and I am so glad I did. But I like it so much more when I can visit at our convenience.









No comments:

Post a Comment