Saturday, August 18, 2018

Lamps Plus and Lamps Unlimited Lamp Shade

One of the few things we brought with us from the Midwest when we moved to DC twelve years ago was a very small table lamp. It used to sit on a table in the living room. Now it sits on our dining room table. But the shade was well worn and it was obvious it needed to be replaced. We searched high and low for one a couple of years back but couldn’t find anything near the size or shape of it on line or in town. So we went back to Lamps Unlimited in McLean and actually found something that would work, but needed to be brought in from another location. But the lady who helped us never called us back, which seemed very odd. So rather than give up I started another on line search and to my surprise I found something that was about the same size, but not quite the same shape from Lamps Plus. So I ordered it in eggshell, but got a message that it wouldn’t be available for a couple of weeks. So I thought we would never hear from them again. A couple of weeks passed and the credit card transaction came through so I knew the new shade would be arriving shortly. It did finally come with its own harp and fits reasonably well. It definitely is a lot cleaner. My husband washed the other shade and it looks a lot better - I thought it would just fall apart. So now we have a replacement. I’m not sure we would ever use it again -  I’ll just store the original one on a shelf in case we ever need it. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment