Friday, November 15, 2019

Yas Bakery and Supermarket Visit

We haven’t been to Yas Bakery and supermarket since September. We went to pick up some cookies and jelly for my sister in law’s birthday. We like to go there to get Persian treats - especially when we are on the way to visit family. My husband likes the vegetable/relish eggplant sauce. Today we wanted to get some small, very fresh, cucumbers. but while we were there a couple of other items got our attention. My husband likes the Sadaf brand, and picked up some pomegranate juice. And his sour cherry jelly supply was running low. Of course, the cookies are always replenished. They are always excellent with tea after dinner. Since last year I’ve been thinking about a Christmas gift for some friends of ours that I’ve had my eye on. They are tea cups with silver holders with a matching sugar bowl. I’m really looking forward to giving this special gift to our friends. They always make a big deal over my husband’s background and show so much interest in his country of origin. And the timing was good today to get a head start on holiday shopping. We discovered Yas several years ago and now live much closer to it since we moved from DC seven months ago. It feels like we know the shopkeepers well. They are always so kind and helpful. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment