Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Two Versions of Us

The new painting arrived this week. It was a digitalart painting I made of my husband and me in the “Where’s Waldo” style. It contains a lot of images of us as a couple over forty plus years. This new painting, double matted in white with a thin black frame, would replace the same painting I preferred as a part of a collage on the wall in the living room. The grouping isn’t even in the configuration I preferred. The original idea was to have the same blue and green colors coordinate so as to look like a collection. In the end I thought it would just be best to display what my husband likes more. So now the grouping is composed of the houses we lived in, the immediate members of our family tree/portrait, and us as a couple over the years. In the end it hardly matters what color they are. It’s a one of a kind art display that means the world to us. 















No comments:

Post a Comment