Monday, March 23, 2020

Hot Dogs and Out of Date Condiments

We haven’t had hot dogs for awhile so we got some a while back. My dad loved hot dogs, and I do too. My husband? Not so much. It was always an easy way for my dad to make a quick lunch and he lived to be 95, so they didn’t do him much harm. But hot dogs alone aren’t so great. You need to embellish them with condiments. So when I went to retrieve the ketchup, mustard and relish - everything was long past the “best if consumed by” date. The only thing that wasn’t outdated was the jar of handmade concoction of onions and pepper that our grandson gave us for Christmas. He is quite the cook at 16 years old. Regardless of the dates we used the stuff anyway. My husband never has ketshup, mustard or relish, but he loves the onions and peppers. That was one Christmas gift that has lasted a while now. And it makes every sandwich and hot dog so much tastier. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment