Sunday, October 11, 2020

The Evening Sky

We deliberately chose a western view when we bought our northern Virginia condo. I really don’t like morning sun in my face as I am definitely a late riser and prefer to stay up until one in the morning. Of course, it is the exact opposite of my husband who rises at 6:30 but stays up to keep me company. Sunset, dusk, late afternoon are my favorite times of the day. I used to take walks on campus after dinner to contemplate the world around me. With daylight savings almost here and cold weather coming shortly thereafter, we won’t be sitting on the balcony like we did during the summer months. My husband and I would go out and play iPad games for awhile. At the same time it was a great opportunity to enjoy the night sky. Every once in a while you could see an airplane heading to Dulles in the distance. But the spectacular red and orange skies and interesting cloud formations could not be ignored. It’s the only place we go outside without wearing a mask which makes it feel like the old days before all of this virus nonsense. How things have changed - but the evening sky still brings comfort. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment