Saturday, April 24, 2021

Verizon Chat

Any time the tv stops working I get very worked up because I know that means at least two hours of my time will be wasted trying to get it fixed. And so it was one evening this week. It started at seven and ended at nine PM. For whatever reason, the “input” or “output” wasn’t connected. We had a pink screen with the closed caption scrolling and no audio and a transparent video. I tried first using the Verizon app to refresh everything - which usually works - based on past experience with Xfinity when we lived in Capitol Hill. Of course it didn’t. So I tried to find a chat option after trying to call. After much frustration I was able to start a chat with someone who transferred me to someone else once they became aware that it was a technical issue. I was juggling two phones and two remotes - one for the LG set up and the other for Verizon - and of course my phones were almost out of power so I was tethered to the wall. It took forever just to get beyond the account number. Anyway, they wanted a screenshot of the tv and we went from there. I was finally able to reconnect the set top box with the tv using the LG menu, then rebooting the whole system. Thank goodness we moved the huge cabinet away from the wall the last time so we can now unplug everything “easily.” Otherwise it’s a big mess unloading the cabinet and putting everything back. In the end I got some unexpected kind words from the person I was chatting with. I can only imagine the horrible interactions these poor folks must bear with when things don’t go right. So I hoped I made his day as much as he finally made mine. In the end it is a feeling of accomplishment, but I hate it all the same. 












No comments:

Post a Comment