Saturday, August 20, 2022

Jury Duty Questionnaire

When we lived in the Midwest for thirty years I remember being called to jury duty one time. When we lived on Capitol Hill both my husband and I were called to jury duty just about every year. It was a royal pain. I almost got stuck on a trial but lucked out. The only thing good about it was that we could easily walk to the courtrooms. We have lived in northern Virginia for over three years now. I haven’t really thought about jury duty until today - when I received a letter that contained a juror questionnaire. I haven’t been called to serve - yet. But I have a feeling my luck will run out some time over the next year. Since I am not yet seventy I won’t have a choice to opt out. And since I now have hearing aids I have no excuse. So I need to complete the questionnaire on line and hope it never surfaces. If I do get called the courthouse is no where near where we live and there’s enough crime to keep the courts busy. I’m sure it would be a good experience but I’m just not in to it. I never cared for being in a room with a bunch of strangers before the pandemic. I dislike it even more now.  










No comments:

Post a Comment